Thursday, June 30, 2011

Online Friendship

Last weekend I went to met one of my online friends from a great language site called Bussu.com If you were thinking about spending $500 on Rosetta Stone (RS, like I did) look here first. The great thing about the site is that you can connect with native speakers. Just like all websites there is a free version and a paid version--- still way cheaper that RS. With the paid for version you can read text in your language of choice and a native speaker will correct your pronunciation and written text. But the best part it it works like Skype you can call a native speaker and talk------That is how I met Fernando who can down to Florence and cooked dinner one night in my apartment and Vincenzo from Milano

Last weekend I was invited for the day to Milano to meet Vincenzo and his wife. Now I met Vincenzo the night before the Supper Bowl and he was a Green Bay fan----need I say more. I was humble on Monday to give him shout-out on the victory.

So I took the train to Venice on friday---more about that in the next blog. Saturday morning I took the tain to Milano for the day. It was great we spoke and mixture of italian/english what great fun. We walked around town saw some of the same sites I saw talked politics, religion, ne movien to Milano, (HA, HA) but the converstion was rich. We talked about work and living in a big city, he wanted to know more about living in Alaska. Then he asked the big question, " Natalie( he say's it so cute) why do you live in Alaska??????????????? Well, hmmmmmmmmm lol. I'm still thing about that and I told him I would get back to him when my Italian was better-----REALLY

We went to lunch (when you are in Milano you have to have Risotto) OMG----------------- it was amazing-- I wish I could have stopped eating to take a picture but I will be dreaming about Risotto for a very long time.

After lunch we did the very Italian thing we walked around and just happend to end up a Gelatoria--- I had to order for everyone in Italian---- I didn't do so bad. The day ended with them putting me back on the train to Venice.

It was a wonderful day that I will never forget--- I feel like I have family in Milano I could not get them to want to come to Alaska---- guess that means I have to go back to Milano

Ciao
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. It will be easier for me to travel with you next summer, you speak, I drink and eat tell Dakota to hang with Susie (Border Collie) new girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete