Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sorrento & Amilfi Coast




Sorrento is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It is on the coast of Souther Italy. While we were in Sorrento we stayed at a very cute B&B that had been part of the convent. The owners and her staff was wonderful.

While we were there we went to Pompeii. To walk the streets that people walked hundreds of years ago is very humbling. The interesting thing about Pompeii is that they are still excavating part of the area. I had just seen a show on the History channel about the area.

While we were in Sorrento we took the train to the Amifii Coast. I guess I should tell you about the bus. It was the size of a regular tour bus and the road was a winding curvy road down hill most of the time----- it was a slow roller-coaster ride. We met a great couple from South Africa and you will not guess what he wanted to talk about, go ahead and guess I’ll wait................... Nope you got it wrong it wasn’t our girl Sarah it was Ice Road Truckers, REALLY no lie. I also found out that the Ice Road Trucker’s went to India who would have guessed.

We went to a small town in the hills called Ruffalo it is known for the concert series that they have were the stage is suspended in air---- next year I plan to attend one of the concerts. The view was breath taking.........................

We went back done to Amaflii and there is the beach. I thought is was bad to lay-out in the sun-- something about Skin Cancer-- but there they were people from all over the world working on their Copper Tan. Ok not everyone there were 5 people that were chasing the shade.

Did you know that Sorrento is the place in Italy that they make Lemon cello------I was told that I had to try it in Sorrento----First wait until you see the size of the lemons here they are the size of a cantaloupe. Gail and I have lovely meals in this area and at the end of each meal I tried to order Limen cello but I couldn’t, I just could not forget the first night I was in Florence, REALLY...


Did I forget to tell you my italian is getting much better---- it is still all about me the toddler in Italy ( I want, I want to go, I need0
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment