Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Love--- Hate Relationship with Assissi


Those of you that are reading my blog will understand right away the love/hate relationship I had with Assissi. We arrived in Assissi and I was excited about all the place that we could take small day trips. We got into the taxi and he headed to the place that we would stay for the next week.

Well he drove up the hill side and we passed through the arches and the town was cute--- but the taxi driver keep driving REALLY, and we passed through another set of arches and I thought the place we were staying was just outside of town--- but he keep driving now down a winding hill--- at that point I was worried about where we were going surely he didn't know the location of the time share. Can I say it again HE KEEP DRIVING ALONG A CURVY HILL SIDE----- about 15 minutes outside the town of Assisi on top of a hill is where he stopped.

We were on top of a hill. Nothing but nature. Now I know those of you that know me well are rolling on the floor laughing--- because you know "I don't like it outside" I have a large back yard but it belongs to Dakota (my Pomeranian) I only go out there to mow the grass and use the grill. I don't even have a chair to sit on the deck. I don't.


So here I am 15-20 minutes outside of town HOW THE HECK TO I GET TO TOWN????? There is a taxi that comes and get's you and brings you back by 8pm. I was ok with that at first.
Next we go to our apartment and it has a small window that you have to stand in to see the view (stop laughing, Nancy, Stacey, Julie, Mary, Pam, and Glen)

Well Gail was upset about that I just didn't really care at that point--- I was thinking how could I stay here for a week. After we move to a nicer place we decided to walk to the store. We start walking and there is nothing to be seen. A quick call to the front desk and they tell up is is a 30 minute walk to the store--- REALLY

So we headed back to the front desk and they tell us that they will call the restaurant that is down the hill to see if they will come and get us so we will not starve to death-----

Now, I really know that I have to get out of here-- and this is all before the roosters start crowing from the nearby farms----
YES, I SAID FARMS

Did I mention that there was NO internet. At that time I decided that I was going to go to Orvieto to check out a school that I want to go to next year.

Sunday we went to town it really is a cute town if you have transportion---- It is a cute place to be if you are not on your EAT, PRAY, LOVE Journey that it is all about personal choice and freedom. We found the Internet cafe and I found a hotel in Oveieto and I left Assisi until Thursday.

Personal Note: I think what really upset me was my lost of freedom that I had gained prior to getting here. Having someone dictate when I can leave the complex and when I come back was more that I could stand------

Ciao

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey, Natalie! I have read and enjoyed your many posts. You are an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete